Thursday, January 26, 2012

Blog Post #1

1. A little About Myself
My name is Braxton McShan, I am from Tuscaloosa, Alabama. I am a Mathematics/ Secondary Education major and i hope to one day be a teacher in high school. My interest are anything to do with sports especially Alabama Football. I love to listen to new and old music hang out with friends and watch sports. I also have recently became a shoe fanatic and i love to have the latest sneakers out. The reason i chose to attend South Alabama because i would be at least three hours away from my mom and they didn't have community showers.

The reason i wanted to enter the field of education because i feel like a teacher has the biggest influence on a child's life. I always help my friends out when it comes to math, a lot of people say i have a natural gift when it comes to explaining things about math. I really like doing work by myself rather than groups. I concentrate better that way. I also like to eat when someone else cooks rather than myself. I'm not a bad cook i am just very lazy. That's about it when it comes to me.

2. Randy Pausch on Time Management
 Randy Pausch is a very good speaker and his topic was even better. He spoke on Goals and i really liked when he bought up the aspect of time and money being together. I also liked when he spoke on Prioritizing and Planning. The quote i leave with this video that i will use in my every day life is "Failing to Plan is Planning to Fail" - Randy Pausch.

3 comments:

  1. Hey my name is Allison Cullars and I am in EDM 310. That's great that you are good at math. Math happens to be my worst subject. Also, I agree on a teacher having the biggest influence on a child's life. A teacher is part of what creates the child's character. Randy Pausch's saying that "Failing to Plan is Planning to Fail" is a excellent and true saying. I believe that if no one creates a plan, then nothing will ever be accomplished. Making a plan helps to balance your time and accomplish goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch your i's. Three should be I instead of i.

    Welcome to EDM310.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Braxton,

    Welcome to EDM 310! I hope that you enjoy this class! Please make sure to add a "Contact me" gadget as well as one with a feed to the class blog. Check the instruction manual for more details.

    Thanks,

    Rebekah Lloyd

    ReplyDelete